Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Enterprise Architect to join and lead the transformational change and implementation of new technologies needed to build and support the Global Transformation programme at Abcam. The role will work with business and technology leaders on designing out future, innovating and accelerating product development.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing the Enterprise Architecture vision for Abcam, engaging and working with the leadership and wider business to innovate and develop solutions for a world leading technology company.
- Support Abcam leadership in building a world-class technology company to deliver new products & services which are innovative, scalable with a quick time to market.
- Develop Omnichannel and multi Cloud Architectures using Domain and Event Driven architectures using serverless and Microservices.
- Innovate using Data driven strategies such as Automation, Data Science and AI.
- Governing and reporting on the Enterprise Architecture function.
- Be the contact for the leadership team ensuring enterprise architecture is a key business activity with senior stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise to strategic, complex and high-impact projects to ensure we deliver them successfully.
- Use best practice architectural frameworks and methodologies to ensure optimal outcomes. We generate research and ideas that leave a lasting impact on people, businesses and markets around the world. To do that, we ensure we have the talent, tools and infrastructure to share our thinking globally.
- In this role, you will be an integral part in ensuring the world-class teaching we impart on our students is enabled by world-class technology solutions
- Significant Enterprise & solution architecture experience in digital and commerce products; demonstrable technical experience in omnichannel systems design, improving customer experience and engagement, and iterative design and continuous delivery.
- Experience architecting and continually improving omnichannel platforms for B2C and B2B segments and globally distributed customer facing and marketing platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Ecommerce platforms, Cloud and Serverless Computing.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate how to use architecture frameworks, techniques and methods to deliver new customer facing solutions in an agile and scrum environment.
- Self-starter and able to collaborate and manage efforts with teams across geography and time zones; acts as an informed leader and make data-backed decisions on behalf of Abcam.
- Be a curious, audacious and not afraid to ask questions and challenge the way things are done today and own improvements to culture and process.
- Inform, educate and develop team members and peers to grow expertise, develop alignment and encourage collaboration.
- Able to present ideas and architecture solutions concisely and in an engaging manner to both large and small audiences; comfortable working in an environment that encourages creative thinking and critical feedback of ideas.
- Passionate about driving a product centric engineering culture and delivering architecture maturity in a progressive way.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.