Solutions Marketing Manager (Senior)
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
As (Senior) Solutions Marketing Manager, your role is to create and oversee the implementation of successful go-to-market strategies and campaigns to build brand love and gain market share in key customer segments.
Solutions Marketing sits within the Growth Marketing organisation at Abcam and works closely with the wider Product, Marketing and Sales organisations.
We are looking for someone who is customer-oriented, commercially minded, and able to work cross-functionally to develop and execute compelling and effective marketing plans.
This role is for an exceptional marketer who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic growth environment and is motivated to deliver great outcomes for both Abcam’s customers and the business.
- Define and own an element of Abcam’s audience, research area and product marketing strategy
- Lead on the development of compelling value propositions built on a deep understanding of our customers
- Bring these propositions to life with great creative which really stands out
- Work with growth marketing, regional commercial teams and the wider marketing organisation to execute highly effective campaigns and programmes to grow brand preference and drive sales through our digital and in person sales channels
- Bring insight about our target audiences and show how the marketing we does addresses their needs and reaches them at the right time and in the right way
- Test marketing concepts with target customer groups and scale winning approaches
- Allocate budget and resources to the highest performing activities
- Track and report the impact of marketing using agreed KPIs
- Experience running highly impactful marketing campaigns and programmes that have helped grow a product, business or brand
- Experience developing compelling value propositions that get cut through, build a brand and drive great commercial results
- Ideally you’ll have both B2B and B2C marketing experience
- Experience supporting sales teams to build strategic account relationships and deliver complex solutions
- Familiar with techniques to generate actionable customer insights as well as the use of personas and market segmentation
- Commercially and data-driven marketer and strategic thinker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ideally, knowledge of the life sciences industry and of the Biotech and Pharma sectors; proven scientific or technical literacy is desirable
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.