Account Manager (UK, Ireland & Nordics)
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the role
The Account Manager will be responsible for the generation and management of new and existing business in academic and biotech organizations in the UK, Ireland and Nordics.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities at big academic and key emerging biotech accounts in the region. The Account Manager will need to build relationships with key users at named accounts and nurture large opportunities through a pipeline. They will proactively make outbound calls, schedule customer visits in their assigned territory and nurture leads from marketing through to opportunities.
The Account Manger will develop relationships with KOLs at their accounts in conjunction with Research Area colleagues to further our scientific relationship. In addition, the Account Manager will have a solid relationship with procurement at their accounts to drive or maintain eProcurement facilitating order and invoice management along with leading business reviews.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow KOL network
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in named accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory.
- Develop an account plan for high potential accounts in your territory that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organization.
- Qualify and nurture leads from marketing and input into lead strategy
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Continually provide market feedback to the organization around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with e-procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts
- Travel for face-to-face meetings with customers and attendance at roadshows, conferences up to 30% plus occasional internal international meetings.
This role is ideal for someone with a good understanding of proteomics and a successful track record in sales at accounts in the territory.
- BSc in a life science discipline
- Experience of direct selling into the life science market or adjacent commercial role in the life sciences market
- Lab experience using antibody related techniques
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with key senior stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level and decision-making level
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work across a multi-site team
- Professional, confident, credible and an enthusiastic team player
- Fluent in English and German (preferably native German speaker)
- An ambition to develop and grow with Abcam in sales or with opportunities across our many cross functional teams and departments!
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- A good understanding of both drug discovery and the technologies employed, and experience and understanding of life science procurement
- Experience in selling solutions and services (preferably within the life science reagents market)
- Proven ability to sell complex products and workflows
- Strategic thinker that can quickly deduce best value add for Abcam
- Some experience of marketing or working with marketing teams would be a bonus
- Established network within Abcam’s customer base in the territory
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.