Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Reporting to the Legal Counsel, the Paralegal will be involved in a range of legal and general administrative tasks, working closely with our team of highly qualified and experienced legal professionals.
As Paralegal, you will be responsible for managing a variety of legal documents involving photocopying, scanning, filing and accurately logging data, as well as producing standard correspondence and proofreading documents.
You will also carry out basic legal drafting and legal research tasks, assist with handling general legal queries from the business, contribute to team meetings and exchange information and ideas to support the efficient running of the Legal & Company Secretarial Team.
In addition, you will support the team with both legal and general administrative tasks, such as producing and processing purchase orders, assisting with the creation and maintenance of Abcam’s contract database, assisting with maintenance of its Intellectual Property register handling internal and external communications, preparing and submitting expenses, supporting the organisation of onsite and offsite meetings. You will also handle the post, organise travel arrangements and carry out any other tasks as and when required by the team.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright and ambitious individual keen to gain practical experience within a fast-paced and successful Legal department. You will be empowered to take initiatives, make decisions and manage your own workflow and you will learn from a highly dedicated, passionate and experienced team who are looking to further build a fantastic legal function by offering true solutions-led support across Abcam’s business.
- A strong academic record and/or previous experience working as a Paralegal, Contract Manager or similar role.
- A Law degree or GDL, LPC
- An understanding of contract law would be advantageous.
- Experience of drafting simple agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements.
- Experience of contract management systems and processes.
- Possess a high degree of work ethic, integrity, commitment and professional transparency.
- Enjoy working in a team as well as being able to work on your own.
- Be highly organised, analytical, results-oriented, committed, agile and audacious.
- Able to manage your own workload and prioritise multiple assignments, all under tight deadlines.
- Have a strong sense of purpose and commitment to the mission of Abcam.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.