Sales Director, EMEA
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
The Director of Sales EMEA will develop and execute a Sales strategy for both direct and distributor accounts across the academic and industrial/small biotech segments in the EMEA region. He/she will build up a team of both Inside and Field based account managers that will enable above market growth in the assigned accounts and channels.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Building and leading a highly effective sales team of inside sales account managers, field based account managers and distribution sales specialists.
- Partner with regional and growth marketing to enable growth through marketing initiatives in distributor countries and epro marketing in direct countries.
- Set and track both financial targets and personal objectives for the team – utilizing both leading metrics and assessing outcomes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial forecasts
- Achieve assigned growth targets in region
- Improve our margin in distribution channel.
- Be an active and contributing member in the EMEA and global commercials teams, as well as leading/participating in cross-business initiatives
- Keep up to date on industry trends, country specific funding and competitor landscape
- Bachelor's degree or higher, in a life science discipline or a related area. MBA is a plus.
- More than 5 years of experience in sales and/or business development in the Life Science market
- Ability to lead, develop, and motivate a team, leading them to the achievement or even surpassing of goals/targets.
- Experience delivering scientific and commercial presentations
- Good analytical skills: deep understanding of changing market dynamics & different business disciplines
- Experience in leading a sales team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution
- Regional and International travel required
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.