Global Reward Partner
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Abcam’s Reward function ensures that our passionate people are rewarded and inspired to contribute to the growth of our business. Abcam is renowned for its innovate all-employee share programmes that have supported our collective culture and high levels of employee engagement. The Reward Partner, Head of Compensation is a key role in the global reward team (reporting to the VP, Global Reward) responsible for operating our pay and incentive programmes to the highest standards. From design to communication and delivery, we aim to deliver value for Abcam and our people.
- Develop, operate and deliver pay benchmarking programme, salary review, annual bonus, cash recognition and global share incentive programmes.
- Support the VP, Reward and CHRO on Executive reward – including preparation of Remuneration Committee materials and related reward disclosures (Directors Remuneration Report, Compensation Discussion & Analysis etc.)
Manage the global equity plan administrator and compensation survey providers, and represent the reward team in discussions with tax, accounting and technology experts.
- Develop and maintain SOX compliant processes for the delivery of compensation – and support the effective development and operation of Payroll and HR Shared service processes related to compensation items.
- Manage the communications calendar on compensation items – in alignment with the Benefits team – to ensure timely and impactful communication to employees, line managers and other HR team members.
The main interfaces and customers within the role both internally and externally will include:
- Global reward team including the Benefits team, Payroll team, Shared service team and the Reward analyst
- Other functional areas represented by the HR Leadership team – HR partners, People Experience, Talent Acquisition & Development
- Line managers, functional and site leaders globally
- Remuneration Committee members and the CHRO
- Willis Towers Watson, FW Cook, FIT Remuneration consultants and other reward consultants
- Finance, Legal & Tax team – including external advisors and consultants such as PWC and Deloitte
- You enjoy planning and executing on the delivery of global compensation projects, in a collaborative fast paced environment. You will be excellent at project management, mobilising stakeholders and managing priorities.
- You are a confident communicator on reward topics – excited by the opportunity to interact with a range of stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- You delight in surpassing the expectations of your internal customers – our employees, managers and HR colleagues.
- You will be a highly numerate critical thinker, who enjoys building a compelling story from data analysis.
- You will be well versed in (or able to demonstrate your ability to quickly develop in) compensation structures across the UK, US and China.
- You will have experience with global equity plan administration, global compensation consultants, Remuneration Committees and reward aspects of annual reporting.
- You will have a working knowledge of HR information systems integral to global compensation planning, such as Oracle.
- You will have experience of reward, particularly executive reward, in a high quality, international environment.
- CIPD qualification or equivalent preferred
- Experience of reward, particularly executive reward, in a high quality, international environment.
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of reward practices, with a particular focus on executive reward and share schemes ideally in a global context
- Working knowledge of HR information systems, report generation, etc.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.