Costing and Inventory - Finance Business Partner
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
This is a key role in the Costing and Inventory team, which will be critical for the future success of the team by helping steer us through the period of change that includes S&D go live, process improvement work, controls audit and year end.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that cost accounting is performed accurately and timely, in line with the period end schedules. This includes responsibility for the completeness, accuracy and existence for WIP, assets under construction, inventory and inventory provisions
- Regular liaison with key stakeholders across the business – especially within the R&D and Supply Chain/Manufacturing functions
- Provide Group inventory and manufacturing analysis to senior management, including understanding and highlighting the key drivers of cost.
- Develop and implement process improvements and ensure that processes are scalable, repeatable, and well documented.
- Provide support to external audit and associated external reporting requirements
- Highly involved in the development of/ compliance with internal controls – as our controls landscape evolves in line with SOX and other best practice requirements
- Provide analysis and explanation of budget and forecast variances for inventory and R&D absorption
- Support the analysis and reporting of gross margin performance, including budget and forecast variances.
- Support the preparation of the monthly gross margin analysis, quarterly forecast and annual budget.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/CIMA/ACCA part qualified or fully qualified (or similar). Experience in a Costing & Inventory function is desirable.
You should have excellent analytical skills and be able to get into the detail whilst also maintaining an appreciation for the “bigger picture”. You should possess strong communication skills with the ability to disseminate complex accounting topics to non-financial stakeholders in an understandable and engaging way.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.