Programme Manager/Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Abcam is a leading supplier of research tools to life scientists, with a global reputation for high performance products. As we continue our rapid growth and success, we have a need for a Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager to lead our Continuous improvement activities. This role will report into the VP, Innovation Programme Management. Using their knowledge and experience they will manage an assigned project/multiple projects.
The job is based at our Cambridge, UK site, but the job holder will work closely with stakeholders across our global locations to deliver the programme to strict timelines and quality standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone aiming to have a tangible impact on our growth strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for project management of a large-scale program, develop a streamlined integration roadmap, strategize with work stream owners/business leads to uncover blind spots, provide alternate points of view, push the envelope, design best-fit solutions, develop methods and tools to support integration activities.
- Establishes a clear robust project plan with key go/no go criteria and works with stakeholders to provide a regular updated timeline for the project. Communicates changes in timelines in a timely manner to stakeholders and works to resolve issues to get project back on track, skillfully managing and influencing all levels of the organization.
- Establishes a resource plan with a strong understanding of supply and demand requirements, influencing others to ensure sufficient resource is in place,Identifies and monitors project risks and issues. Develops mitigating actions and escalates as appropriate, showing ownership and determination to overcome blockers to progress. Has knowledge and capability to understand and mitigate against risks that affect multi-department projects.
- Supports robust governance and decision making, that is appropriate for all levels up to and including board level. Provides reporting for a similar range of stakeholders and engages in mechanisms that hold self and others to account for delivery.
- Ensures project assurance, quality assurance and appropriate change management processes are in place with routine updates/checks.
- May have ultimate responsibility for junior PM team projects being effectively met and lead the development of junior PMs within the team through mentoring and coaching.
- Identifies and manages stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support. Manages internal and external relationships as appropriate. Able to confidently work with senior and executive stakeholders across different departments with differing priorities, and can consider these differences, resolving any conflict to a satisfactory conclusion, without causing project delay.
- Has an in-depth understanding of financial principles relating to project delivery. Recommends allocation of resources within project and creates strategies to maximize revenue generation. Monitors financial inputs and some outputs.
- Identify and establish a working program team that enables the program to move forwards. Chair regular team meetings and provide minutes to key stakeholders. Influence project members to ensure timely delivery of the project deliverables.
The successful candidate will have a strong project management background, with experience of working within the life sciences industry, and a MSc or PhD in biological science or equivalent experience.
The candidate should have experience of managing and delivering large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and will have 5+ years project management experience.
You will be personal, reliable, highly organised and care about the quality and impact of the work you deliver. You are comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, working to deadlines and prioritising different aspects of the project where effective communication and leadership are key. You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.