Digital Product Manager - Customer Data
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the role:
The ‘Digital Product Manager – Customer Data’ is responsible for the development and delivery of a critical part of our digital product landscape, ensuring product quality and alignment with our overall product vision & strategy.
You will be accountable for multiple Data assets across Abcam, principally customer and reference data, which hold strategic value and you will oversee multi-disciplinary teams organised around that strategy. This role reports into the Director of Data Management within the Data and Advanced Analytics team, in Abcam Digital. This role includes full accountability for the value that Data delivers in support of Abcam’s vision and mission, leadership of all aspects of its life-cycle from capture to deletion, and responsibility for all aspects of its success.
- Help formulate and drive the vision for Customer and External data, using business insight and product discovery techniques. This requires a deep understanding of the customer data lifecycle across all touchpoints and where customer data can drive value (either by improving data quality, capturing new data points which describe a customer or using customer data for new use cases (compliance withstanding)
- Co-ordinate external data licensing and usage across Abcam, working with stakeholders and users to ensure we drive value from this £100,000+ investment
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary teams in the development and delivery the Data strategy
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to understand and measure areas of opportunity, progress against goals, and the success of existing initiatives.
- Lead the investment case and budget approval process for Data deliverables with support from the Director of Data Management
- Direct the necessary capabilities and resources to achieve success through its life-cycle in alignment with the Director of Data Management – including within the Domain, across Abcam Digital and with external suppliers.
- Build strong relationships and engage frequently with internal and external stakeholders, to build sponsorship, advocate adoption and deliver change.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Abcam Digital as well as in other parts of Abcam.
- Evangelise, implement and embed agile methodology in Abcam Digital.
- Provide coaching and support to team members to promote good product practice, promote effective ways of working and the Abcam Digital revolution as a whole.
- Relevant Domain – Data Management team colleagues
- Counterparts in other Domains/Chapters – wider Data & Advanced Analytics teams, specifically Data Science, Data Engineering (including Data Architecture)
- Functions within Abcam – CX teams, Finance, Supply Chain & Manufacturing
Degree level in Business Studies/Computer Sciences or similar
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.