Scientist Western Blot 12 Month Maternity Cover
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
As one of our team prepares for maternity leave, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled expert in immunodetection to join Abcam within the Characterisation Team on a 12 month fixed term contract. We are looking for someone who is passionate about validating high quality antibodies.
The Characterisation Team is part of the Antibody Validation and Characterization Group and plays a key role in the validation and characterization of new antibodies. It also plays a key role in validating the quality of our products before they are delivered to our customers.
Reporting directly to the Western Blot team leader you will be an expert in immunodetection techniques including Western blot and ELISA. You will be collaborating with other labs across the world on new products and key research and development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring high quality validation of new antibodies
- Planning, execution and data analysis of WB, ELISA, IP experiments
- Communicate clearly with project managers and interacting with team leaders, providing delivery dates, updates, and the necessary documentation.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, including ISO9001
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects to meet timelines
- Highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail
You will have a PhD in biology or a related subject (or can demonstrate an equivalent level of expertise) with experience in industry or an academia setting. You will have Theoretical and practical expertise in Western Blot and ELISA. It would be great if you also have an understanding or experience with IP – ChIP and IP/MS.
You have a great attention to detail and thrive on collaborating with other teams across the globe along with being able to multi-task and prioritise your work. If you possess high standards of consistency and quality, a passion for science and the expertise in Western Blot, then this role is for you.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application. Alternatively, you can join our Talent Community link to keep up to date with all our latest openings at Abcam.