Internal Audit Senior (SOX)
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Job Description Overview
Following the Group listing on Nasdaq, compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) has become a priority, necessitating an expansion of the internal audit function to ensure development of a regulatory compliance testing program. The Internal Audit Senior will report to the Head of Internal Audit (HIA) and will support and work closely with the Head of SOX Compliance
The Internal Audit Senior will be responsible for reviewing testing evidence of periodic controls compliance across the Group and possess relevant technical experience and knowledge to provide advice on control evidence improvements.
This role will be heavily involved with the annual SOX audit testing for control design and effectiveness of application against the risk management framework and SOx compliance requirements. The testing program will encompass assessment of entity level controls and key financial controls.
The internal auditor will be working with business process owners across the company to build strong working relationships, be a point of contract for SOX testing and help reinforce the culture of compliance. Engagement with senior management will provide evidence to stakeholders that they are managing their business areas effectively.
- Play a key role in executing the SOX testing program as follows:
o Manage third party / in house testing resource
o Review of testing for periodic key control completion
o Perform testing on a subsection of controls for HIA review
o Manage third party process walkthroughs to confirm accuracy of documented procedure, document high level narratives and identify key reports
o Perform checks on any control design changes during the year to ensure they are aligned to the risk management process
- Utilise the SOX compliance management system for planning, performing, documenting and reporting on controls testing. Assist first line users with the SOX management system where requested.
- Develop dashboards to ensure real time monitoring of controls testing status and early advisory of any deficiencies identified. Regularly report testing progress to the HIA and Head of SOX Compliance, where required.
- Work with the SOX Compliance Team to test remediation plans with control owners through to completion and subsequent compliance within agreed timescales.
- Assist the Head of SOX Compliance in updating applicable process documentation and control narratives as required.
- Perform some risk based, non-SOX internal audits where appropriate.
- Build strong working relationships with the business globally.
- Professional qualification CIA / ACA / CIMA / ACCA with internal audit background, although qualified by experience also encouraged to apply.
- Awareness of SOX testing requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices.
- Diligent, inquisitive with sound analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
. Time management skills, demonstrating thoroughness and reliability
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.