Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
As our business continues to grow, we have an opportunity for someone who values endless opportunities both professionally and personally. As a member and manager of the UK outbound logistics team, you will oversee 8 – 10 individuals who dispatch 6,000 shipments a week to our UK customers and international distribution centers, audit internal locations and quantities of finished goods and receive incoming deliveries from other global offices.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To ensure daily orders are dispatched efficiently– upholding Abcam’s delivery on promise and reporting any discrepancies.
- Line manage the Outbound team, and provide monthly 1:1 meetings to discuss performance, progression and goals.
- Determine Outbound priorities and actively assess resources to support the picking, packing, and shipping of products with minimal disruption to technicians’ workflow
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders for anything to do with UK Outbound.
- Maintain shipping equipment and hardware
- Provide summaries of workflow to the Head of UK/EMEA Logistics and departmental managers
- Customer focused with proven leadership and management ability that will motivate and project enthusiasm.
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement environment in lean manufacturing.
- Identifying process improvements with the ability to implement.
- Able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Have high attention to detail.
- Proven organisational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members and other stakeholders internally and externally
- Automation and warehouse management system knowledge is preferable, especially in Oracle and Scale.
- Knowledge of SOX compliancy, audits and QA is desirable.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.