Commercial Content Editor - Maternity Cover
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
The Commercial Content Editor is responsible for developing and optimising commercial content across website, print and digital channels, generating persuasive and creative content that inspires audiences to act while ensuring accuracy and credibility.
You will sit within the Content Marketing team and work closely alongside scientific content and content marketing managers, writers and designers to ensure a curated collection of impactful content that fulfils our commercial needs.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be responsible for commercial content, including campaign content, product pages, sales assets, promotional material and brand content
- Ensure that all marketing materials convey targeted, effective and consistent messaging
- Manage all stages of commercial content development working with both internal and external writers and content creators, including briefing, editing and review. Some writing will also be required
- Work cross-functionally with team members across Growth Marketing to deliver impactful and successful campaigns targeted to a range of personas
- Develop an understanding of what commercial content is needed to convince different personas at various points in the customer journey, and champion testing of different content types and formats within campaigns
- Develop and manage processes for sales and event material development
- Prior experience within a content marketing, communications or copywriting role
- Excellent editing skills and experience briefing writers and providing feedback on content
- Ability to develop and optimise messaging for different personas and effectively apply it across content and channels
- Experience working with a variety of content types and conviction to test new things and challenge current ways of working
- Proven experience using insights and data to drive planning and decision making
- Excellent organisational skills to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Life science experience would be an advantage
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.