Job Type: Full time
About the role
Reporting to the EMEA Finance Manager, the post holder will be instrumental in supporting the GL Finance team as they deliver under the Sarbanes Oxley regulations (SOx). The role will heavily focus on balance sheet integrity, especially in respect of Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI). The post holder is also responsible for liaison with FP&A in respect of Intangible capitalisations for internal software development initiatives.
The post holder is responsible for the global GRNI policy. In addition, the post holder will support monthly management accounting including Fixed Asset creation and CIP maintenance, month end journal creation / processing via regular interaction with colleagues in FPA to ensure that general ledger balance integrity. The role will also provide support to the wider Finance team and tax teams, on an ad-hoc basis, as well as supporting the Treasury Manager by way of bank administration.
- Play a key role in regular accounting processes including Revolving Credit Facility accounting, Balance Sheet reconciliations, month end close & GL review. This includes ownership of controls preparation and execution for SOx compliance, such as GRNI process schedule preparation and integrity maintenance.
- Ensure close interaction with a variety of internal stakeholders and counterparts who will input and influence reported figures, including Finance Business Partners, Tax & Treasury
- Maintain relationships with FP&A counterparts in relation to Facilities, Health & Safety and Digital functions, including regular monthly meetings to review OPEX and CAPEX, plus review of Fixed Asset register for obsolescence or impairment.
- Control of global GRNI policy, ensuring monthly/quarterly schedules are provided to FBP’s for Abcam Plc & Abcam Netherlands B.V. for review of PO receipt status to support adjustments and PO closures for aged balances. Responsible for adherence to SOx controls in respect of GRNI, maintenance and integrity of balances held, and providing accurate reconciliation and management information in respect of GRNI.
- 2nd line review for Intrastat, EC Sales & VAT returns across either Abcam Plc or Abcam Netherlands B.V.
- Assisting with continuous improvement of internal processes & controls and documenting changes to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review and approval of peer prepared journals.
- Dual bank administration responsibilities, shared across the EMEA Finance team for 4 bank relationships.
- UAT testing for Oracle Fusion Finance module process in the test environment, working closely with Product Owner/IT to make sure that all processes are fully operating as intended prior to implementation in live system environment.
- Review and approval of supplier bank changes made by the Cash Management Assistant for US, NL and UK entities complying with SOX and controls.
- Responsible for auditor interaction where appropriate
- Close interaction with the Group finance team relating to the group close and statutory compliance
- Ad hoc financial projects as required
- Qualified accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA with financial reporting accounting focus and background ideally with listed organisations.
- Sound understanding of IFRS
- Knowledge of accounting best practices.
- Diligent, inquisitive with sound analytical skills, but maintaining attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills, demonstrating thoroughness and reliability.
- Embracer of change.