Job Type: Contract/temp
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
The Trainer role is an essential component of Abcam’s Sales and Service training team. Creating and delivering programmes which enhance our global commercial teams’ professional development, this role has specific focus on the Americas region.
The main types of training include:
1. Customer-facing skills / Selling skills training - transforming how we interact with our customers
2. Product training – upskilling our teams on new and updated products
3. Systems training – training for relevant systems, e.g. CRM
4. Scientific training - protocol and application training
The Trainer will also be responsible for identifying training requirements, for example through training needs analyses and the use of training technologies to create a robust training plan
Other responsibilities include
- Identifying and assessing current and future training needs
- Developing individual training and development plans, within the overall plan
- Ensuring training materials are pertinent, following sales/Service system updates and changes
- Designing , maintaining of training-related systems (i.e. LMS)
- Staying abreast of best practice and trends in training and development
- You will be degree educated (2:1) with a preference to Life Sciences or relatable professional training qualifications
- You will have worked with a sales or sales training role ideally within the Life Sciences industry or related market
- You will be confident in presenting complex concepts and managing multiple stakeholders
- You will have training delivery experience, ideally from a variety of sectors
- Ability to travel regularly to key meetings but be based in Cambridge UK
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.