Digital Transformation Lead (Sales)
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Helping our customers achieve their mission faster is at the centre of everything we do. We commit to provide a world class customer journey experience for our customers through the channel of their choice. Abcam has an ambitious strategy and an aggressive transformation agenda. The function is focused on transforming the customer and employee experience through new ways of working and cross functional collaboration
Implementing and maintaining the systems is the responsibility of Abcam Digital; however, we require a Digital Transformation Lead to represent our sales function to collaborate with our digital teams. This is a critical role which will ensure the technical landscape and data flows provides maximum value to our customers and is aligned to Abcam’s strategic ambitions for the sales function.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and their teams in the sales function to identify business requirements which align to the strategic direction
- Assess commercial benefits for all business requirements and ensure tangible values can be articulated and understood
- Collaborate with digital teams to ensure business value, risk, timeline, dependencies drive prioritisation and influence digital road map
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) for all relevant feature releases, and ensure our operations are not disrupted by continuous feature releases
- Review and approve relevant access requirements for various applications where needed
- Supporting the identification and prioritisation of new opportunities that the systems can provide, including upgrades, rollouts to global sites
- Collaborate with performance and planning team to identify and prioritise opportunities relevant for the sales function
- Work with digital product managers to capitalise on the potential from technologies: opening new strategic value-add opportunities that the systems afford us – e.g., untapped analysis opportunities, new reports, etc.
- Leads the user experience to operate the Digital assets seamlessly and efficiently; provides coaching, testing, training, and hands-on support to ensure adoption
- Collaborate with the data team to ensure all mandatory data fields identified are at the right level of completeness and quality for data to flow seamlessly through the tech architecture
- Drives accountability for deployment and acceptance of the system features into the business, enabling the transformation of Digital maturity within Sales and Service.
- Uses influencing skills to ensure change lands well and is sustainable within a complex culture
- Establishes a “value mindset” through data, analysis, metrics, and commercial / financial decision-making
Summary of Job Requirements:
- Ability to bring together stakeholders on complex issues
- Excellent collaborator with the willingness to take on abstract duties and work through ambiguity
- Ability to think creatively when dealing with complicated challenges and able to translate ideas into action
- Excellent communications skills; high level of attention to detail
- BA, BSc, MA, MSc in relevant fields
- More than five years of experience in the Life Science market in Pharma and Biotech
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection, and resolution
- Qualification in any CRM system
- A good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Project Management
- Change management
- Lean six sigma
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.