Job Type: Contract/temp
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
As a Strategy Manager in the Customer Experience Journey team your role is to provide the customer, market and competitor intelligence our commercial teams need to make better decisions.
The role sits in a Commercial Strategy and Customer Insight function within Abcam’s Marketing organisation. You will work closely alongside Business Development, Corporate Development and the Digital product management teams to determine the projects, partnerships and acquisitions that will increase Abcam’s credibility and coverage in the life science industry.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic growth environment and aspires to be a leader in the life science industry. The role requires someone who is customer-oriented, commercially-minded and able to work cross-functionally to develop and drive strategic recommendations.
Key responsibilities are:
- Work with Consumer Insights and Market Research experts within the team, as well as stakeholders outside the team and org, to commission, execute and analyse primary research to answer questions from, and generate strategic insights for, stakeholders
- Produce comprehensive reports and viewpoints on Abcam’s external market, including strategic recommendations on how and whether to capitalise on new opportunities
- Build expertise on Abcam’s competitors and their approaches to new and adjacent markets through both primary and secondary research
- Create confident, engaging presentations with compelling recommendations to answer stakeholder questions and empower them to make confident, data-driven decisions
- Take part in and develop innovation processes across the business; brief and communicate findings and insights beyond key stakeholders.
You will be commercially driven and a structured thinker, who is educated to a BSc or higher in biological sciences discipline. You will have a customer and customer insight focus with demonstrable experience in development and execution of strategic recommendations in consulting or practical relevant areas such as Strategy, Marketing and Commercial.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.