Engineering Team Lead
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the team
You will be part of the Cloud Foundation Team, responsible for building and running an automated application that attaches to Confluence. Content Formatting helps improve the way Confluence content looks, keep things tidy and organised or encourage more user engagement.In the Uk we have a team of 6 developers who specialise in fullstack.
About the role
The role of an Engineering Team Lead will help shape and define the Engineering culture alongside the other Team Leads and Engineering Managers. This position will work alongside an Engineering Manager and the wider Product team locally and remotely to shape the continued evolution of the Content Formatting for Confluence product.
As an Engineering Team lead, you will contribute to apps that help millions of people around the world using Confluence make their content better, more engaging and more professional . You will lead a team practicing continuous delivery so you have to be comfortable shipping to production daily and also working with more traditional software delivery. Growing your team of engineers is your responsibility so you'll be mentoring, coaching and using our development framework to help individuals increase their impact.
What you'll be doing
- Provide a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Assist with priority setting for products
- Deliver updates to key stakeholders
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying level of experience
- Work with direct reports to set objectives and to create and execute development plans
- Designing, writing and testing solutions
- Complex, collaborative problem solving
What we're looking for
- Strong software development skills in one of the following frontend technologies (TypeScript, ReactJS, Vue.js, AngularJS) and one backend - Java- Full Stack Developer
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Experience collaborating with & coaching more junior engineers
- Experience of Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of implementing and running CI / CD
- Experience working on Cloud infrastructure, such as AWS infrastructure or other equivalent infrastructure
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!
You’ve got this!