Technical Product Manager
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
We enable cloud product teams to concentrate on providing value to the customer by handling common operations centrally and providing libraries to accelerate development, allowing the organisation to reduce duplication of effort leading to greater productivity, more frequent releases, increased stability, lower risk, and optimised costs across product teams. The majority of the team is UK based. We have others in Malaysia, Canada and Greece. We have 1 team lead, 2 senior and 2 mid level engineers
About the role
As Technical Product Manager on the Cloud Foundation Team, you'll have the chance to make a real impact in the world of cloud-based products. The role will focus on building and running a platform that empowers Adaptavist’s product teams to efficiently create and maintain highly scalable and secure products, while contributing to Adaptavist’s cloud app revenue.
The current platform is used by all of Adaptavist's Atlassian cloud products, including ScriptRunner for Jira cloud, underpinning the experience of millions of Atlassian cloud users.
Initially, this role will focus on refining the existing platform with a product-driven approach, and in the medium term, there will be scope for taking the platform to an external market and creating a new revenue stream.
What you'll be doing
- Help build the platform with the customer at the forefront, focusing on meeting their needs and providing value.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Identify and analyse research opportunities to inform all aspects of the product development lifecycle.
- Work with internal teams, including product owners, tech leads, and engineers, to ensure requirements are fully understood and that
implementation plans match expectations.
- Assess emerging ecosystems and platforms to measure their potential value or threat to our platform and recommend which new
ecosystem to invest in or leverage.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Answer incoming questions about the platform and its capabilities.
- Serve as a platform evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Employ project management techniques to keep the scope, time, and cost of the development in check
- Delivering the right solution into users' hands and validating that it was the right thing to have built, widely communicating wins and
- Drive the platform and new feature adoption by customers
What we're looking for
- Solid product management experience with a strong technical background.
- Experience working with cross-functional global teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Experience in taking an idea from idea to production through discovery and delivery.
- Good stakeholder management and communications skills with experience prioritising multiple stakeholders' requests and working cross-
- Ability to take multiple sources of insight and technical considerations to frame problem statements and user stories
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to work across a range of functions, teams and seniority
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!
You’ve got this!