Premium Travel & Lifestyle Consultant – October 2022 Start Date
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Whether you’re a tenured travel professional or just starting your travel career; if you have a flair for exceptional customer service, a passion for learning and natural curiosity, this role is for you. With an intensive paid training and coaching program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Here’s just some of what you could be doing each day:
- Delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable travel experiences
- Understand our customer needs through consultation to deliver an innovative and extraordinary interaction through multi-channel servicing
- Research, plan, and carry out personalized travel & Lifestyle experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements and lifestyle events
- Communicate new and existing product offerings and value propositions relevant to the Card Member
- Always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the Membership First ™ approach and earning their dedication
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
What you need to thrive:
- Shown ability to provide premium customer service, ideally in a call center environment
- Experience servicing customers ideally in hospitality, concierge/lifestyle servicing, high-end customer service or sales roles
- Basic geography knowledge with ability to locate continents and travel destinations worldwide
- Positive attitude and outlook, demonstrated through desire to learn, willingness to ‘have-a-go’ and be an optimistic teammate
- Natural communicator with the ability to demonstrate listening skills and able to adapt conversation to suit the situation
- Technically able and used to using computer applications and personal devices, can navigate PC and basic MS Office easily
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven environment, with a healthy strive to meet and exceed goals
- Travel Agency, Travel Reservations, Cruise and Tour experience is a plus
We are a 24/7 customer call center, so we have a variety of shift schedules designed to meet the needs of our customers and provide work/life balance to our colleagues. These cover evenings and weekends in addition to core hours and we can discuss them further with you during your application process.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite in our Brighton office, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Guidelines for Hybrid/Home working:
- Located in the UK
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
- Internet service must meet minimum requirements of 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds. A minimum speed check can be completed online
Why American Express?
- Strong company focus on diversity and inclusion
- Internal colleague networks
- Company Pension Plan
- “Healthy Minds": free dedicated Employee Assistance Program, available 24/7
- Recognition program “Reward Blue”
- Career growth and training
- Health care including Back to Better and eye tests
- Extensive training course (12-14 weeks)
- 22 Days Annual Leave per annum, increasing with tenure
- 37.5-hour week, 5 days out of 7 with shift allowance
- Pay for Performance Bonus
- Discounted onsite Gym Membership
- Discounts and cashback through many retailers local and nationwide
- Free Tea/Coffee at offices
As a valued Travel & Lifestyle Services colleague you will also have access to the following:
- Travel agent rates and discounts
- Education Stay Programme – educational experiences that enable colleagues to better serve Card Member’s needs (up to 4 x complimentary 2 – night stays in hotels participating in our hotel programs subject to subject to availability and T&C’s)
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.