Director - Product Development
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The American Express mobile team are looking for a talented and passionate Product Director to help lead product development for our team in London looking after the Acquisition, Early Tenure and Financials domains. The successful candidate will have experience managing digital initiatives and will support the Product Managers in the ideation and development of mobile products and services.
The Global Mobile team is responsible for the product strategy, UX/UI and delivery of mobile apps for American Express customers globally. This includes the Amex Mobile app available on iOS and Android in 20+ markets. Our team is a combination of high-performing design & product people who are responsible for the strategy, definition and delivery of features in the Amex app – used by millions of customers around the world.
We are part of the wider Global Digital Experience team operating within an Enterprise-wide unit, with a shared mission to become more essential to our customers lives. The team’s primary remit is to define and deliver digital experiences and best-in-class innovation in web, mobile, and push channels, partnering closely with data scientists, engineers, and designers. This is an exciting time to join the team as we accelerate our progress – the role the app plays in our customers’ lives keeps growing and the successful candidate will be at the forefront of defining next-generation functionalities in this critical space.
The Director will assume product responsibility in London leading the development and strategy for key features and functionality in the app – in the Acquisition, Early Tenure and Financials domain. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with Strategic Delivery functions on definition of the roadmap & resource management
- Partner closely with Technologies to continue acceleration of mobile feature delivery
- Develop deep partnerships across the organisation
- Innovative mindset – understanding technical nuances of the channel and core platforms
- Drive ‘Product Ownership’ mindset across the team, owning not only technical delivery but also on-going support and product iterations
- Lead a technical and high-performing product team, working with AET engineers
- Attract top talent to join our growing organisation
- Define and execute a global strategy for capabilities central to the wider mobile experience
- Influence leadership and cross-functional groups on mobile and technical integration of features
- Translate organisational priorities into ‘executionable’ features
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in mobile app product strategy/development
- Proven track record of delivering digital capabilities or products that have grown to a large active user base
- Highly collaborative and influential leader
- Experience leading a high-performing product team
- Proven success in driving digital product strategy and digital product design
- Excellent communication skills and experience working effectively with peers
- High performer with proven experience delivering technically complex projects
- Strong thought leadership in the digital (particularly mobile) space
- Ability to interpret consumer insights and trends into actual features and functionality
- A passion for all things digital, inside and outside of work
- University Degree in technical or design field
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org