Senior Typescript React Software Engineer - Financial Planning
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
We are building a financial planning platform that enables teams to create products at scale and power digital channels to deliver compelling experiences in a dramatically faster fashion. As an Engineer, you will be responsible for building this cutting-edge technology framework that facilitates developer productivity without compromising on quality at enterprise scale.
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who are not afraid to challenge assumptions. Our mission is to accelerate the pace of financial innovation and build new financial products for American Express. Our platform streamlines the process of launching and iterating on financial products.
- Develop software individually and help improve the team
- Define and implement components for consumer-facing applications
- Implement application features in clear, easy-to-understand Typescript
- Occasionally implement updates to Kotlin API endpoints
- Develop automated tests for all new features and updates
- Defect Fixes, Performance Testing, Endurance testing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience writing software professionally at least eight years
- A knack for understanding complex algorithms and applying them
- Experienced giving code reviews and technical design feedback, with opinions on coding practices and methodologies
- Must have demonstrated proficiency and experience in the following tools and technologies:
- React / Redux
- Webpack, Webworkers, MaterialUI
- Npm / yarn
- Test Driven Development with jest, cypress, puppeteer, etc
- Modern software engineering tools: git workflows, mock frameworks
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com