B2B Sales Specialist UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Make an impact on our business and the business world!
Every member of our Global Commercial Services Team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards, but by understanding and helping small, medium and large businesses overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partners who know that our collective success depends on yours!
Right now we have a fantastic opportunity for a B2B Sales Specialist to work with some of our largest customers, alongside their existing account managers, to identify opportunities, win share of wallet & leverage new products.
With a positive attitude in everything you do and every relationship you build, you’ll also be resilient, driven, a self-starter and encouraged by a good challenge. Our industry is constantly moving, so we adapt quickly, always motivated to stay ahead of the game. It’s an exciting environment, but you’ll need the ambition and strive to take hold of every opportunity, and go further as an individual.
Working under the Head of B2B Sales Europe, you will join a multifaceted and high-reaching European/UK Sales team, made up of 12 Sales Managers in Europe. The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Partner with account managers to identify and qualify new B2B payments opportunities (Working Capital and/or Process Optimisation)
- Maintain a short- & medium-term sales pipeline, ensuring daily follow-up and taking regular actions to keep it Up-To-Date in collaboration with Account Sales.
- Lead Sophisticated Consultative discussions with the heads of Finance & Treasury Departments, to understand clients' needs & pain points
- Position the American Express value proposition & solutions ahead of existing WCO/PO solutions in the market
- Build compelling commercial offers and develop commercial and financial offers adapted to clients’ needs and alongside internal partners; Risk, Pricing, Finance, etc.
- Collaborate with all internal Sales, Account Sales & business partner teams (Risk, Finance, Marketing, Pricing, Servicing, etc ...) as well as with external financial organizations (Brokers, consultants, consulting firms, investment funds etc.) in order to continue developing your expertise and market network.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- University degree or equivalent significant experience in the direct sale of financing solutions (WCO, Cash-Flow, Supply Chain Financing solutions, etc.) to Large Market companies with demonstrable achievements.
- Knowledge of Financial & B2B culture, how to address decision makers at multiple levels in Financial organizations (CFO, Credit Manager, Treasurers, etc.) and capitalize on your analytical skills.
- Customer oriented, demonstrating strong skills in engagement and collaboration with your customers and prospects
- Partnerships, with a strong team spirit you thrive in a matrix organization in close collaboration with other sales team & multiple internal business partners.
- Solutions focused: your analytical approach is resolutely based on the solutions selling.
- Culture of performance, tenacity, focus on delivering winning strategies
- Networking, you have a proven an ability to build and develop effective network of contacts internally and externally
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.