Analyst - Customer Payment Investigator. Brighton, UK - Start Date: 28th November
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Are you an experienced Customer Care Professional with a curious and analytical mindset and do you want to give your career a boost? Then this job opportunity is for you.
This position will sit within the new UK Customer Payments Investigation Team as part of the wider Consumer Credit department, responsible for supporting the investigation and outcomes of a comprehensive Regulatory Assurance Compliance Program within American Express Services Europe Limited (AESEL).
It is our responsibility as a financial service provider, to screen, identify and verify customers and to report unusual behaviour. This specific role will be supporting analysis, remediation, and refresh activities of customer & business files to adhere to all applicable legislation and regulation.
You will be performing analysis and remediation activities to complete customer files.
- Analyse/Investigate to detect unusual and suspicious customer behaviour which might be an increased risk to the company
- Perform risk analysis on the entire background of a customer and collect evidence/ documentation accordingly
- Raise Internal Suspicious Activity Reports (ISAR) with evidence and report to the compliance department for further investigation
- Reach out to Customers to understand the behaviour of their payment activity and to discuss relationships of all third-party payers
- Ensuring complete confidentiality so that the Customer isn't tipped off about any concerns before we can address them.
- Working the team email inbox replying to customer enquiries
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value
- Suspend and cancel accounts
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- Experienced Customer Care Professional with analytical skills
- Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of the (UK) AML regulations is a plus
- Ability to distinguish main and side issues and to substantiate factual conclusions
- Ability to report the case effectively to the compliance department (ISAR)
- Strong teamwork, relationship, influencing and customer communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate urgently and need effectively with clients.
- Understanding of American Express customer systems
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.