Senior Business Systems Analyst
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
You can’t run a successful company today without innovative technology that aligns with business goals. Our Business Architects bridge the gap between technology and business information, strategies and processes. As part of the EMEA Regional Services team, you will partner with our European business stakeholders to solve their business problems with technological solutions.
It takes collaboration, thought leadership and technical expertise to align business goals with the latest technology. Here is just some of what you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the architecture and product vertical team(s) to understand and stay abreast of their roadmaps and strategic drivers
- Working with the EMEA markets to understand their business strategies and processes and to determine their current and future technology needs
- Documenting the baseline and target business architecture using industry standard modelling techniques and tools
- Defining e2e cross product high level requirements and conceptual solutions in collaboration with the market / NPD and product teams
- Working with Product Owners, Platform Owners and Solution Architects to ensure solutions align with business and technology strategy
- Creating/maintaining business process maps and functions for the supporting technology objects, (applications, platforms, components)
- Looking for innovative solutions and opportunities for use or re-use of technical capabilities to support the business teams in growth ideas, cost reduction and streamlined processing
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you ready for the challenge? We are looking for:
- University Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in multiple IT disciplines and with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (business, data, technical and solution) issues and trends
- Knowledge and understanding of business architecture, applications systems design and applicable programming methodologies
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of a given business area as well as a strong rapport with business leaders in order to partner with them and influence technology recommendations
- Broad knowledge of American Express consumer processes and platforms preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- Solution Architecture
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
- Business Analysis and Modelling
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org