Analyst - Risk & Info Management
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
What you choose to do for a living, is one of the most important decisions you make. At American Express, we believe it’s our job is to give you the tools and guidance to create a meaningful and impactful career. We provide unique experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Our people, customers and colleagues alike, are at the heart of everything we do.
American Express Fraud Risk is a place to create, innovate, and collaborate, to push the boundaries on providing a world-class customer experience and catching bad guys/saving the world. Fraud Risk colleagues are the industry’s most innovative thinkers and creative problem solvers with access to cutting edge tools and one of the world’s most valuable datasets. You will have the power to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. You will be part of the European Fraud Risk Management Team, a highly critical function to identify and mitigate servicing fraud risk within the American Express ecosystem. Your mission will be to ensure a strong balance between mitigating fraud losses while growing the business by defining the future of how we serve our customers.
As an Analyst, you will support European card present fraud risk and lead servicing effectiveness initiatives to optimise the processes and fraud concern handling and to enhance customer experience. To maximize your impact, cross-functional collaboration and influencing are critical as you work closely with our partners in Global Servicing Group, Consumer and Corporate lines of business as well as Legal, Compliance, Technology and Credit & Fraud Risk Capabilities teams. Keeping a pulse on fraud trends will need to be at the forefront, combined with technical expertise, strong ability to influence, hands-on experience with analytical tools, and a solid understanding of credit card networks, are all a necessity.
- Perform detailed analysis on high value cases and emerging trends, to determine key vulnerabilities and opportunities to reduce fraud losses and support profitable growth
- Conduct in-depth analysis of both internal and external data sources for the ongoing development of tailored risk mitigation strategies
- Improve customer experience and contribute to minimisation of fraud losses through collaboration with Decision Science and sharing observations gathered from Point Of Sale disruptions and high value case reviews
- Closely monitor portfolio MIS and perform analyses to identify opportunities and drive effective risk strategies
- Collaborate with Fraud Risk Decision Science team and other groups on the integration and implementation of fraud risk rules, business strategies and improvements to customer experience
- Be a subject matter expert on relevant markets for Fraud Risk Management projects
- Partner with Fraud Operations teams and other internal teams to provide support and ensure existing processes/strategies are effective and work on the implementation of new strategies driven by enhancement of fraud risk capabilities
- Support project management related activities
- Create monthly fraud risk analysis and MIS to support AXP risk committees and board reviews
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of the credit card ecosystem, experience in fraud would be an asset
- Experience with data processing tools such as SAS, SQL, Hive, Yellow Brick, or Python is required
- Strong Excel data manipulation skills and proficiency in working with large volumes of data
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyse structured and unstructured data and translate data into quantifiably and meaningful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver data driven recommendations
- Ability to research, analyse and link complex pieces of information with speed to draw meaningful inferences
- Tremendous energy and to adjust to changing priorities to support a growing/fast paced area of the business
- Strong project management and communication skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with complex, unstructured initiatives
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to investigate processes and controls at in-depth levels
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a high-pressure situation, handling several priority assignments simultaneously
- Post Graduate Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research, Engineering, Science, or in related advanced quantitative fields is preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com