Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Anyone can have an innovative idea. Here they get heard.
We are looking for an experienced Product Analyst to join our Delivery team to build, deliver and grow a market-leading product in the FX and Global Payments space.
Through our Global Commercial Services (GCS) division, American Express offers powerful backing and support that helps companies of all sizes gain financial savings, control and efficiency. We provide a suite of payment and lending products, solutions for travel and everyday business spending, global payments, currency solutions, and business financing. Within GCS, the Business Financing, Payments and Digital Experience (BFPD) organisation owns product capabilities and supports FX and Global Payments, one of the fastest growing segments of our business.
The Global Pay product team is embarking on a mission to deliver a ground-breaking product and needs an experienced product analyst with strong Agile hands on development skills and a proven ability to deliver successful outcomes.
- Provides Technical support activities for the FIS Data Integrity Manager, Global FX Portal & Payment Hub applications.
- Customizes specific IT operations management software or creation of custom solutions specific to the operational management and control of IT infrastructure, application delivery components and network telecommunications fault, configuration, administration, performance and security functions.
- Analyses and resolves problems related to failures in application and ancillary software components.
- Provides technical assistance to Operations, Systems Support, and Application Support staff.
- Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of supported software.
- Works closely with clients and business partners to understand business and technology requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with AMEX architectural standards.
- Analyses business and technical requirements; translate those requirements into product designs and configuration.
- Document, implement, integrate and maintain supporting application components for IT operations management software.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Supports plans, analyzes and forecasts activities to plan projects and tasks.
- Provide guidance to other technical professionals.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise of FIS products - Data Integrity Manager, Global FX Portal & Payment Hub (post training)
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial services industry
- Experience working in a digital transformational setting using agile
- Proficiency in business modelling and business requirements definition disciplines
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure projects are successfully completed
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent user focused skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for business users
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic
- Willingly and successfully fulfils the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies preferred
- Proven agile delivery experience
- Ability to effectively communicate across the internal/ external teams & stakeholders
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Power Point, Word
- Passionate about Customer Experience
- A critical thinker who can work independently and guide others as SME to manage competing demands for time using effective communication and stakeholder management skills
Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required, as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.