Director – Digitization and Partnerships, International Card Services
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President and International Head - Customer Marketing, International Card Services (ICS) CoE, this position oversees the digitization & partnership strategy (card and non-card) across the international card issuing markets. The position involves driving key digitization projects across the business and developing a partnership strategy to fast-track key international initiatives. The person would be critical to driving the strategic thinking for International Card Services around digitization and partnerships, undertaking select projects to assess new, digital product and service offerings, and develop business-driven opportunities. The position will work with stakeholders in markets and corporate development to explore internal and external collaborations that help unlock medium to long-term business growth via test & learn opportunities. The role would involve working closely with finance partners to support investment planning and identifying areas for international expansion of CoE-driven activities.
The role is ideal for someone who is passionate about the start-up ecosystem, adept at building business cases, driving internal consensus, and excited about identifying and sourcing new opportunities that can help drive growth and digitization across the international card business. The Director will work closely with other ICS CoE teams, local markets, Digital Labs, Corporate Development, among others.
- Identify multi-country digitization opportunities related to Virtual Card, Digital Wallet, Open banking and Banking as a Service and define the roadmap for these opportunities in collaboration with country teams
- Drive multi-country digitization initiatives with markets that drive growth and enhance the Customer experience
- Identify and co-ordinate roll out of key digital payment capabilities across international, and support countries with capabilities prioritization process for improving the customer digital experience/journey
- Drive overall partnership strategy and identify business development opportunities that enhance the customer digital experience and creates new revenue initiatives
- Build and manage relationships across ecosystem in collaboration with Ventures and scope opportunities for customer experience digitization
- Own and drive internal strategies and projects around key, emerging tech to further digitize the customer experience and develop POV on different business execution models
- Work closely with stakeholders in Corporate Development and Digital Labs to assess business relevance of new product & service constructs
- Drive opportunity end-to-end from business case development, commercial negotiation, implementation of pilots/test & learn to ultimately defining the roadmap going forward. Align across relevant functions in the business to execute on opportunity (local market, GCO, PR, finance)
- Establish close working relationship with Amex Ventures and continually assess constructs across the international region to drive overall partnership strategy and identify business development opportunities for enhancing customer digital experience and new revenue initiatives)
- Map out external landscape of players across key payment and adjacent categories to Amex’s int’l card business activities and keep an eye on key external trends and developments to identify digitization opportunities to be explored
- Share best practices via quarterly roundtable calls
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- The successful candidate will be a proven strategic thinker who possesses the maturity and composure required to effectively communicate with senior management
- Possess strategic awareness of external trends and developments in emerging tech and product areas of business relevance
- Strong external relationship manager, with ability to represent Amex confidently, develop a rationale commercial relationship, and maintain a collaborative partnership
- Ability to lead and manage internal stakeholders, gaining input for projects and driving consensus around recommendations
- Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills with proven ability to influence without authority and drive projects with little direction
- Understanding of the international card business and local market perspective as well as previous experience in business development and strategy
- Understanding of the key metrices at play for achieving targeted goals
- Understanding of the compliance and regulatory environment governing the payment cards industry across markets
- Well versed with latest digital sales, marketing and service techniques that are critical for Amex to stay ahead in the current competitive environment
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and a quick learner with ability to adapt to new situations and projects
- Proven financial and commercial acumen
- Significant experience, preferably in the financial services industry, in business development, planning and strategy roles
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.