Release Train Engineer
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
- Drive program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train demonstrating stellar servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy
- Facilitate Program Increment planning meetings with leadership, business stakeholders, product management and delivery teams on the Agile Release Train(s)
- Support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions
- Ensure strategic alignment for the train across organizations and teams
- Partner with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- Ensure value is achieved by the train on behalf of end users via the program predictability measure
- Assist with economic decision making by supporting Program Epic and Feature estimations by program team and roll up to program/ release level visibility (overarching team roles)
- Collaborate with other RTEs to coordinate cross-train dependencies
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values & Principles
- Be uncomfortably transparent in all you do
- Be coachable yourself: be open to feedback and committed to continuous personal improvement
- Demonstrate being a lifelong learner
- Challenge the status quo gracefully
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Escalates impediments, manages risks, dependencies and resourcing needs
- Aggregates and drives team Program Increment objectives into Program/Release objectives to ensure successful delivery
- Mentor and coach to Agile Release Train on Agile/Lean/SAFe Principles
- Drive program/release level continuous improvements
- Participate in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Encourage collaboration and quality practices between system architects & Agile teams
- Promote compliance with SDLC standards across the Agile Release Train
- Ensure data integrity for the Agile Release Train within the Agile Management tools
- University degree in technology related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- 5-7 years' relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of growing responsibility
- Experience managing multiple dependancies and risks across teams
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Ability to steer and deliver communications to all levels of leadership
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Ability to drive continuous improvement
- RTE certification is a plus
- Experience using Rally or JIRA agile delivery management platform is required
- SDLC Methodologies & Practice
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Deep understanding of Agile at Scale or iterative development processes, including quality and testing best practices
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org