Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
American Express Technology is embarking on an exciting transformation to modernize the way we operate. The transformation is driven by an energetic new team of high performers, rethinking how the Technology should operate in an increasingly virtual world. If you have the talent and desire to shape the design and performance of an entire organization, join our team!
The Portfolio Manager is a highly visible role, where you will be influencing change across a global organization, standing up a best-in-class operating model, and working with partners across all levels of Technology and Product. The ideal candidate is highly organized with effective communication/storytelling skills and a bias towards action. You show up with passion, are not afraid to challenge the status quo or thrive in a fast-paced environment.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Partner with the Portfolio Director to help define, plan, and build the technology investment portfolio
- Manage day-to-day Portfolio activities such as resourcing, financial modelling and data trending, risk identification
- Take ownership in managing and ensuring successful financial, delivery and operational outcomes across the portfolio - gathering status updates and escalating delivery risks when needed
- Drive delivery by creating and maintaining a comprehensive view of the organization’s tech investments
- Build strong partnerships with technology, product, finance, and business stakeholders to maintain and deliver against technology roadmaps
- Develop recommendations by connecting the dots between seemingly disparate conversations, workstreams, and data, and synthesizing feedback
- Enable Executive leadership decision making through development and presentation of metrics and insights covering areas of operations, delivery, finance and business
- Collaborate effectively and build key relationships with stakeholder teams to identify and manage milestones and overall plan
- Promote awareness and transparency by keeping stakeholders informed of key decisions and relevant timelines
- Support development of change management initiatives, implementation strategy, and enabling tools/processes
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance, or another related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years Portfolio or Program Management experience and leading complex strategic or transformation initiatives in a large technology organization
- Ability to execute and maintain high performance under tight timelines
- Superb written and verbal communication; advanced or expert PowerPoint and visual presentation skills
- Working knowledge of software development processes and Agile methodologies; experience with modern approaches preferred
- Literacy in financial modeling/analysis; should be able to connect strategy to financial results
- Excellent at building relationships and inspiring others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org