Senior UX Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Customer Acquisition is core to American Express’ growth strategy and business performance and is one of the largest investments in AXP. Enabling effective delivery of digital channel marketing and acquisition experiences is critical to finding and engaging with customers, navigating them to the product that best fits their needs. The Enterprise Acquisition Products & Platforms team enables, develops, & maintains our cardmember acquisition, onboarding, and early tenure marketing activity & experiences. We support all lines of business and markets in which American Express acquires customers.
We are looking for a Senior UX Architect to support our newly formed Enterprise Acquisitions User Experience Design & Research team. This role requires a deep knowledge of Design Thinking and a proven track record of successfully consulting and partnering with Product Owners, Designers, and Business Stakeholders. The Senior UX Architect will report to the Enterprise Acquisitions Director of User Experience and will work closely with other UX Professionals, Product Management, Marketing, Legal and Technology collaborate across London, Phoenix, and New York time zones.
As a Senior UX Architect, you will share a critical role in ensuring American Express remains “The Most Respected Service Brand in the World.” It is the responsibility of the Senior UX Product Designer to leverage best practices and design thinking processes to help drive best-in-class digital experiences that adhere to accessibility and brand standards.
- Transform ideas and business opportunities by working closely with a team of developers, researchers, CX and Product to bring creative vision and alignment that will translate to desirable outcomes for our users in mobile, tablet and desktop environments
- Enterprise level design and creating assets such as user scenarios, user journey maps, wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personae’s, usability testing stimulus, and hi-fidelity prototypes
- Stakeholder management, including partners in product, marketing, technology, compliance and legal
- A passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant visual and UX/interaction design or product design experience in creating enterprise level consumer facing digital products, or a similar role
- Strong portfolio with case studies displaying a balance and breadth of visual + UX Design knowledge, while demonstrating use of current industry tools, trends, and outcomes
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Zeplin and Abstract
- Must have foundational training in HCI, visual or graphic/web design, coupled with proven experience and skills using user-centered design methods and best practices
- A self-starter, who can effectively manage their time between multiple projects, follow directions and deliver from start to finish
- Capable of producing results independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Proactive, strong communicator who is comfortable with documentation, organization, oral/written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com