Senior Engineer II, Fullstack – Travel & Lifestyle
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today, is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle service networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides exclusive access, differentiated value, extraordinary service, and unrivalled expertise to Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. The Global Digital Customer Experience is a strategic focus area for growth within Travel and Lifestyle Services and there is significant continuing investment to transform and optimize our digital proposition and capabilities. American Express Travel Online not only drives direct revenue and cost savings but also plays an important role in overall Card product engagement, loyalty and satisfaction.
We are looking for a skilled Full Stack Senior Engineer to join our team, bring in experience, and help the team deliver new customer facing travel experiences. You will be building backend API microservices and building websites and front-end applications based on modern design principles and technology stack that powers the extraordinary service our customers expect from American Express – TLS when booking travel online. You will design, develop, solve problems, debug, deploy, and document software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications. Technology design considerations would include security, reusability, resilience, availability, self-healing to name a few. You will function as an engineering leader for the team.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Ability to write high quality code to develop and maintain
- microservices using Java and/or Kotlin
- Function as a leader of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Lead code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Lead the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments using CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment such as:
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- microservices using Java and/or Kotlin with build automation through maven or gradle
- devOps (CI/CD) tool chain automation using Jenkins
- preferred familiarity with test automation tools like webdriver.io, karate, jmeter
- Proven experience leading teams of engineers
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com