Program Analyst, Membership Rewards UK & International Currency
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Unleash your analytical skills to define the future of how we engage our customers!
American Express Membership Rewards is one of the largest and most renowned card-based loyalty programmes in the world. It is a critical feature of the American Express value proposition and is a key lever to support driving Cardmembers engagement and business growth.
This new and visible role is part of the UK & International Currency Marketing & Company assets team and is fully responsible for analytical and decisioning support to drive strategic growth, understanding of specific external/internal trends and to propose solutions. In addition, supporting operational aspects of the programme to ensure redemptions are performed efficiently.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Drive visibility of program performance by crafting reports / presentations on volumes, themes and/or insights for increasing Membership Rewards engagement, as well as redemption at sustainable economics
- Analysing data for key initiatives alongside planning, sizing and budgeting as required, identifying areas for improvement, influencing and championing change initiatives to improve processes and/or reporting
- Ensuring accurate set up and maintenance of awards / new partners in Rewards platform for different initiatives such as offers
- Become a guide on competitors and their loyalty programmes, as well as the business landscape, including events impacting businesses in the UK
- Compile and analyse customer insights, feedback, and results for consumption by senior leadership team
- Working closely with broad set of business partners including Analytics, Finance, Controllership, World Service, and others.
- Supporting leadership on overall strategy and planning
To achieve success within this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with the ability to handle, manipulate and analyse large volumes of complex business data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to create and deliver compelling presentations with insights and new ideas in a simple and concise manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects and maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Innovative thinker who can leverage outstanding analytical skills to solve problems and navigate through ambiguity
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across functional and reporting levels
- Self-starter and team player who can work efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Positive, can-do attitude, encompassing a strong will to winAdvanced MS Excel essential, SQL/SAS is a must, Python and Tableau are beneficial
- Knowledge of the card issuing business, financial dynamics and key profitability levers is a plus
- Knowledge of TM1, Tableau and Cornerstone is a plus
- University degree, financial qualification and/or equivalent experience preferred
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com