Membership Rewards Program & Partnerships Executive, UK - 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
American Express Membership Rewards is one of the largest and most renowned card-based loyalty programmes in the world. It is a critical feature of the American Express value proposition and is a key lever to support driving Cardmembers engagement and business growth.
In this strategic and visible role, the Product and Partnerships Executive will be responsible for managing our partner relationships to deliver incremental value to Cardmembers and leading the improvement and roll out of loyalty programme. In addition, the colleague will collaborate with third party partners and other stakeholders across the company to deliver the MR value proposition and offers through different capabilities and channels, to increase customer relevancy and engagement.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Become the expert for the end-to-end customer journey across each of the programme elements – Transfer, Gift Card, Pay with Points, Use Points Towards Purchases and Pay with Points direct integrations (such as Amazon)
- Liaise with external partners to enhance and maintain redemption options. This includes contract negotiation and management, annual schedule updates and ongoing partner engagement
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities to drive goals through existing partnerships and new brands
- Focus on balancing Cardmember engagement and organic spend growth with overall expense management
- Manage the UK & ICC Membership Rewards websites and content – including implementation of new capabilities and partners as relevant
- Review and provide guidance and approval on programme’s value proposition in Customer communications (online and offline) aligned to the product positioning
- Strategic consultation and collaboration with business partners and key stakeholders such as the Centre of Excellence team, digital channel and product teams, local product teams, servicing and finance teams
- Support leadership on inputs to overall Membership Rewards strategy and planning
- Proven track record of driving and delivering results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – proven ability to develop and influence relationships across the matrix, and with external partners
- Strong partner management skills – ability to build and manage external relationships, and experience managing contracts
- Comfortable with data and able to demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of the P&L, and understanding of expense drivers
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Positive, can-do attitude, encompassing a strong will to win
- Self-starter and team player who can work efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Previous consumer product management experience preferred, and experience with loyalty programmes would be a plus
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org