Team Leader - Customer Payment Investigation Team
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your important career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day.
Are you someone with a curious and analytical attitude with a desire to lead a team of like-minded colleagues, and do you want to give your career a boost, then this job might be made for you?
We are currently looking for an inspirational, results driven and people-oriented person to join our International Credit & Collections (ICC) and Customer Payment Investigation (CPI) department at this exciting time!
This position will be responsible for leading a new team of colleagues who are supporting the investigation and outcomes of a comprehensive Regulatory Assurance Compliance Program within American Express Services Europe Limited (AESEL).
It is our responsibility as a financial service provider, to screen, identify and verify customers and to report unusual behaviour. The team you will lead are supporting analysis, remediation, and refresh activities of customer & business files to adhere to all applicable legislation and regulation.
As a Team Leader you will represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a people leader, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The leadership team you will work with, and the Card Members you will help to service, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
How will you make an impact in this role?
You will lead your team to deliver world class results, both for Card Members and the business and in your role you will:
- Provide ongoing coaching and development of up to 16 full time equivalents, providing regular feedback on quality and goal results!
- Manage day to day production preparation and effectiveness, striking the balance between speed and precision
- Build a robust talent pipeline with a diverse approach
- Cultivate an environment where we win as oneteam, engaging and developing olleagues to become the best they can be
- Provide input to wider ICC leadership team on staff management / engagement / succession planning etc.
- Develop collaborations with other Credit teams, Fraud teams, global Credit Bust Out teams and Risk managers
- Identify operational risks which impact, or have potential to impact the business
- An existing Team Leader or a High Potential prospective leader with experience of leading a team in a fast-paced environment!
- Demonstrate strong people leadership skills with history of driving colleague engagement, development, motivation, and organisational change
- An ability to consistently deliver results and coach within a constantly evolving team
- Have a passion for working with people and encouraging their development and the ability to coach team members to reach their full potential
- Ability to effectively prioritise in a high demand environment to deliver on goals, results, and tight timeframes
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence in taking initiative, making judgement calls and problem solving
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD) experience and knowledge of the (UK) AML regulations is a plus
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org