Customer Care Professional - French Speaking, UK Virtual/Brighton Office
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard for customer-first service.
Do you have passion to be able to deliver extraordinary customer service or perhaps already know what it takes? Then we want you to join #TeamAmex! Whether you already have a wealth of customer experience or are looking for your first customer servicing-based role, here at #TeamAmex we’ve got our customer’s backs and each other’s: Every. Single. Day. That’s why when you become a part of #TeamAmex, you will receive 6 weeks of classroom training, followed by 8 weeks of on-the-job training and support and it doesn’t stop there. At American Express, we continue to support the building of meaningful and rewarding careers of all our 60,000 diverse colleagues globally and offer excellent benefits such as:
We provide childcare vouchers - The Government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme has replaced the Childcare Vouchers scheme. It could save you up to £2,000 a year, per child, on childcare.
Hybrid working - You will work in a hybrid model consisting of virtual and in the office working each week
Annual holiday - Your annual holiday entitlement is based on your band level and length of service with us, but all colleagues are required to take a minimum of 28 days paid holiday which includes eight public holidays.
Cycle to work - The Government sponsored Cycle2Work scheme is a great way for you to save money on a bicycle and related safety equipment for the purpose of cycling to work. Simply choose a new bicycle and equipment up to the value of £1,000 and submit your choices in FYB Flex UK. You will receive a voucher to buy the bike and accessories that you will lease from us for a 12-month period. Repayments are made via Salary Sacrifice
Smart saving benefit – a portal that can support you with your savings and help you reach your financial goals (app called Nudge)
Pension scheme - All colleagues will receive a core 7% contribution paid by American Express and you will pay a 3% contribution.
Life Assurance - Should you pass away while employed by American Express, you can have peace of mind that your nominated beneficiaries would receive a payment of four times your basic annual salary. This is to ensure they are financially taken care of.
Critical illness insurance
Smart spending app – discount prices from retailers including: Boots, B&Q, Debenhams, IKEA, Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, and many more.
Healthy living hub – Based in our offices you will have the opportunity to book any of the below that are relevant to you;
- Onsite GP
- Core health checks
- Onsite CBT and Counselling
- Gym and exercise classes
- Digital Health Kiosks
- Emotional Wellbeing Therapist
- Smoking cessation
Dental cover - With Dental Cover you can make sure your teeth are looked after accurately while keeping the cost down. All colleagues will receive level 2 single cover as a core company funded benefit.
Private health care
Onsite health checks :
- Biometric check
- Emotional Wellbeing check
- Posture check
- Healthy Weight check
- External health checks such as Generic cancer screening, mammograms etc.
Virtual GP – you can book appointments if you are not feeling well via an app provided through private health!
We also use an internal platform where you can request the following;
- Choose the benefits that are right for you, your partner and family
- Check the impact of your benefit selections on your take home pay before you commit to them
- Find out more about all the For Your Benefit UK programmes
- View the value of the benefits you receive from American Express and understand how they can support you through all stages of life
- Access a huge number of discounted products and services via the Smart Spending portal (app which gives you discounts)
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Delivering outstanding customer service, while responding to customer inquiries and concerns over the phone
- Building important relationships with customers through a consultative approach, understanding their current and future needs, providing first contact resolution, and finding a positive outcome for the customer and American Express
- Improve customers experience by seeing opportunities to offer products based on our Cardmember’s needs
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Navigate computer systems and applications and enable customers to get the most from our online and mobile platforms
- Prioritise and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering outstanding service in every interaction with our Customers
- The ability and resilience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as well as multitask, using multiple systems and digital tools to service our Customers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Assertiveness to handle difficult conversations
- Excellent influencing and resourcefulness skills
- Critical, analytical and forward thinking with problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
- Confidence to work in a virtual environment
- Monday - Friday 0900-1700 (UK Bank Holidays Off)
10% phone work
90% Email/admin based
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org