Staff Engineer - Global Accounts Receivable
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin, to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. Our tech team work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products, and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Engineer to join the Global AR Platform team and provide deep technical knowledge and solution delivery at a platform level. Our Staff Engineers work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. This is a Director level role and may lead a small team of Senior Software Engineers.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- 50-60% of the role spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation
- Work with Staff Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews as needed
- Provide technical mentorship to other software engineers at all levels
- Implement new, highly scalable platform components
- Improve and maintain existing components of the core platform
- Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums
- Employ technical expertise to help team members overcome technical problems
- Enforce to release/project schedule and sprint achievements
- Analyse, design, program, debug, and modify software for use in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related environments
- Responsible for health and quality of the code across the portfolio, including leadership over SCM, functional testing, and CI/CD tool integration
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org