Senior Manager, Digital Product Management - Money Movement
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Enterprise Money Movement (EMM) Bill Pay platform solutions team. Digital Banking is the newest of the five enterprise teams in American Express where product and engineering share the goal of delivering customer value with each iteration of a product’s roadmap and increasing the speed to market through strategic automation and modernization.
EMM’s mission is to power best-in-class Issuer agnostics money movement experiences and business growth through innovative platform products and services. By seamlessly integrating solution to power innovative payment experiences for AXP customers. EMM as a Service moves a TRILLION dollars in 27 markets covering 20+ of the biggest schemes: (ACH, BACS, SEPA) with a roadmap to integrate with emergent Real Time Rails and hide the complexity of handling money. A critical part of the roadmap is to develop the next generation Card Bill Pay and Biller platform capabilities.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this role is an exciting opportunity for a talented product leader to influence the platform strategy and solution definition for Bill Pay as a Service. This role is for a Solution Manager who will own discovery and envisioning, product roadmap and drive the product vision for pull payment bill pay and own the solution delivery plan for multiple payment journeys.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Develop platform roadmaps for the modernization of Pull Bill Payments, including creation of new payment schedules, innovative payment options and real time payment experiences
- Partner with enterprise stakeholders to define key Bill Pay customers journeys – Make a payment, Received payment, View payment activities, Add/Select a Bank
- Partner with stakeholders across the enterprise to understand customers’ needs and LOB growth drivers to support defining identify new opportunities
- Conduct Discovery and Solution Envisioning to define new platform services and features
- Ownership for prioritization and solution delivery for a segment of customer journeys in the Bill Pay domain
- Maintain and syndicate money movement solution delivery plan and modernization roadmap across stakeholders, product owners, and engineering
- Define, track, and assess product/platform metrics and KPIs. Conduct analytics to identify opportunities to grow adoption, improve profitability, reduce cost and/or expand use cases
- Position requires a willingness to continually learn and implement ground-breaking product and technologies processes within a dynamic and highly matrixed environment to capitalize on the considerable investment made in the payment process
- Experience in Product Strategy, Management and Development
- A passion for emerging payments, FinTech’s, and evolving payments landscape. Knowledge of Biller payments capabilities, Push and Pull Payment flows, Real Time Payments and Open Banking etc
- Demonstrated leadership in Enterprise thinking & Customer first with a track record of influencing others to embrace Enterprise thinking
- Experience in leading pre-discovery, discovery, and envisioning, defining product vision, OKRs, success metrics, customer journeys, business flows, capabilities, and features
- Proven track record in owning E2E product delivery for large strategic/transformation initiatives
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity and quickly evolving priorities
- Strong collaboration skills – ability to navigate cross functional teams to deliver on shared objectives
- Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to build relationships, influence decisions, and make things happen without direct authority
- Proven ability to drive change, leading adoption of new ways of working, and leveraging storytelling to drive understanding & adoption of change
- High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership
- Proactive self-starter with a demonstrated track record for navigating complex and highly matrixed organizations to execute and deliver results
- History of high performance
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org