Customer Care Professional, Premium Merchant Services - German Speaking (UK Virtual/Brighton Office)
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
The Global & Premium Commercial and Merchant Experience team provides servicing to American Express Merchants, Third Party Acquirers and Commercial Card Members delivering differentiated essential services to our clients to support them in achieving their aspirations. Additionally, we support the Enterprise to retain, grow and improve overall satisfaction with these customers.
- Deliver world-class customer service to our Third Party Acquirers, Premium Merchants and Client Manager
- Build meaningful relationships with the customer through a consultative approach, understanding their current and future needs, providing first contact resolution, and negotiating a positive outcome for the customer and American Express
- Document necessary information, such as payment/financial details and inquires, Cardmember dispute queries, compliance/brand/risk cancellation requests, raw data file issues
- Partner closely with colleagues and customers to align on requests and provide status updates on pending requests
- Respond to requests from Client Managers, Merchants, and Third Party Acquirers evaluating and analyzing account information. Recommend solutions that add value, perform account reviews, liaise with internal teams to resolve inquiries,
- Coordinate account projects, identify procedural opportunities and implement solutions to improve efficiencies
- Ensure all quality control process are followed to minimize errors
- Collaborate across multiple business units, when needed, to service, fulfill the customers request with accuracy and integrity
Do you have a passion to be able to deliver world-class customer service or perhaps already know what it takes? Then we want you to join #TeamAmex! Whether you already have a wealth of customer experience or are looking for your first customer servicing-based role, here at #TeamAmex we’ve got our customer’s backs and each other’s: Every. Single. Day. That’s why when you become a part of #TeamAmex, you will receive 6 weeks of classroom training, followed by 8 weeks of on-the-job training and support and it doesn’t stop there. At American Express, we continue to support the building of meaningful and rewarding careers of all our 60,000 diverse colleagues globally and offer outstanding benefits such as:
- We provide childcare vouchers - The Government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme has replaced the Childcare Vouchers scheme. It could save you up to £2,000 a year, per child, on childcare.
- Hybrid working - You will work in a hybrid model consisting of virtual and in the office working each week
- Annual holiday - Your annual holiday entitlement is based on your band level and length of service with us, but all colleagues are required to take a minimum of 28 days paid holiday which includes eight public holidays.
- Cycle to work - The Government sponsored Cycle2Work scheme is a great way for you to save money on a bicycle and related safety equipment for the purpose of cycling to work. Simply choose a new bicycle and equipment up to the value of £1,000 and submit your choices in FYB Flex UK. You will receive a voucher to buy the bike and accessories that you will lease from us for a 12-month period. Repayments are made via Salary Sacrifice
- Smart saving benefit – a portal that can support you with your savings and help you reach your financial goals (app called Nudge)
- Pension scheme - All colleagues will receive a core 7% contribution paid by American Express and you will pay a 3% contribution.
- Life Assurance - Should you pass away while employed by American Express, you can have peace of mind that your nominated beneficiaries would receive a payment of four times your basic annual salary. This is to ensure they are financially taken care of.
- Critical illness insurance
- Income protection
- Smart spending app – discount prices from retailers including: Boots, B&Q, Debenhams, IKEA, Marks & Spencer, Sainsburys, and many more.
- Healthy living hub – Based in our offices you will have the opportunity to book any of the below that are relevant to you:
- Onsite GP
- Core health checks
- Onsite CBT and Counselling
- Gym and exercise classes
- Digital Health Kiosks
- Emotional Wellbeing Therapist
- Smoking cessation
- Dental cover - With Dental Cover you can make sure your teeth are looked after properly while keeping the cost down. All colleagues will receive level 2 single cover as a core company funded benefit.
- Private health care
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Do you have what takes to build a career here? Previous experience is not important to us, what is important is that you demonstrate the following:
- Excellent verbal & written English & German is important
- Target driven and take accountability for your work, whilst working in a fast paced metric driven environment
- Confident and energetic in your approach
- Motivated and committed to serve customers
- Reliable and your team members can count upon you
- Previous experience of relationship management is preferable
- Experience in managing an independent portfolio would be beneficial
100% email based role
Monday - Friday 35 per week
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.