Senior Quality Engineer II
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The American Express Global Product Delivery & Integration (GPD&I) team is responsible for delivery of critical strategic initiatives for the International Consumer and OPEN businesses. We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer and team leader with test strategy, management and automation experience to join our team in Burgess Hill.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They strive for the highest levels of quality and the most efficient methods to achieve it. They are experts in testing strategies, tooling, and execution. This position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form working relationships quickly and add value by introducing best test practices and techniques learned elsewhere.
As a Quality Engineer, you will:
- Develop Test Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and technology assets being tested to ensure optimal test coverage
- Lead a team of test managers to build a high performing team, bring consistency to approaches and artifacts, and execute efficiently across initiatives
- Partner with application architects and environment operations on test infrastructure design
- Work with software, infrastructure, and QA engineers to deliver target code quality
- Work with Product Owners and Release Train Engineers to review test scenarios, validate test results and maintain documentation
- Design quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement
- Provide guidance to engineering teams including driving improvements in automation and testing in a Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of proven skills in quality and test engineering in the Financial industry specifically the Credit Card Domain with ability to create test data, write test cases, running functional, automated, and/or performance tests, and leading defect resolution
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: HP Quality Center, Selenium; Unified Functional Test (UFT aka QTP), orchestrators such as XL Release; Puppet or Chef; IBM Rational including Urban Code
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
- Strong technical experience working one of more of the following areas : Mainframe, distributed, mobile development, programming in a number of languages (i.e. Cobol, Java, .Net, etc)
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment(CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, ARA, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT or SVN and service virtualization
- Leadership qualities, professional presence, extremely strong communication skills and ability to influence without direct authority
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org