Risk Manager - International Operational Excellence
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together. #LI-Hybrid
Are you an experienced Risk Manager who’s looking for a new challenge? Are you someone who is motivated to do a brilliant job for their colleagues and customers? Do you enjoy a dynamic work environment where you can make a mark? Are you passionately curious with an impulse to seek new information and experiences and explore novel possibilities? If you've answered 'yes' to any or all the above, then you could be just who I am looking for!
International Operational Excellence is a newly expanded organization, responsible for supporting our international Issuing and our international Acquiring businesses across 27+ markets in ensuring a strong first line of defense, and in playing an active role in supporting the Business meet its growth objectives whilst demonstrating an effective control framework.
Our organization helps our international businesses manage risk, respond to new regulation, and develop new products whilst cultivating effective partnerships across the organisation. The Third-Party Risk team works with our international markets and regional OE teams to manage risk, develop strong controls and identify risk prevention opportunities. This includes managing programme deliverables, risks and issues and analysing data, to drive action to improve the control environment.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Ensuring that risk is managed in line with regulatory & AXP policy expectations. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with business and OE leaders to ensure that policy requirements and organisational expectations are embedded
- Raising awareness and educating our business on operational risk program requirements and identify and drive improvements
- Conducting data analysis across large and multiple data sets to identify trends and emerging risk
- Developing & driving key strategic projects through inception to deployment
- Leadership of other operational risk programmes and activities as required
- Leadership of one or more team members
- Understanding of risk management principles and practices, with the confidence to challenge the status quo
- Proven project management skills with expertise, prioritising and successfully leading a team to drive implementation of multiple initiatives in a matrixed environment
- Highly analytical with critical thinking and quick decision-making skills
- Ability to analyse large sets of data and use it to drive decisions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity coupled with a strong will to win and a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in identifying emerging risk and to deliver high quality, practical feedback to leadership
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Language skills – Spanish, French, other - as this role will support international markets
- Knowledge of operational risk policies and programmes
- People leadership experience or equivalent
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com