Customer Service Professional, Corporate & Small Business Card Servicing
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard for customer-first service.
Working as part of the Commercial Card Servicing network, our team of Customer Care Professionals are responsible for delivering the best in class client experience for Corporate and Small Business Cardmembers in the UK market. As well as delivering extraordinary customer care, measured by our Recommend a Friend and Overall Satisfaction scores, you will be delivering value to our Small Business customers through relevant offers.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Deliver extraordinary care, on inbound calls, to a wide range of Commercial customers with a variety of requests
- Build meaningful relationship through consultative questioning to ensure added value for the customer
- Offer custom solutions and negotiate a positive outcome for the customer and American Express, aiming for first call resolution when possible
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Document vital information
- Re-prioritize to adapt to the ever changing environment
Shifts between 8am-8pm, Mon-Fri 35 hours per week
Brighton office based with hybrid working
Training will commence on 20th Feb for 9 weeks within the Brighton Office
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering extraordinary service in every interaction with our customers
- Work in a fast paced environment as well as multitask and re-prioritise on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation, influential and resourceful skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org