Marketing Executive (10-month Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together. #LI-Hybrid
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and is one of the world’s largest travel networks today. Over 100 years later, the Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) organization remains at the forefront of delivering Card Member value with a focus on providing premium leisure travel and related lifestyle services to Card Members globally. American Express Travel plays a key role in overall Card product engagement, loyalty and satisfaction.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the travel space, backed by the brand of American Express. The successful candidate will be working on world-class marketing to deepen engagement with Amex Travel, across Card Products and travel verticals, in the premium space.
In this role, the individual will contribute to the international marketing strategy by collecting, interpreting, and communicating data and content for various uses across the team. In addition, this role will help develop the merchandising/content strategy for international proprietary online channels as part of the Global Partnerships and Marketing (GPM) team responsible for growing Card Member engagement with TLS around the globe. This individual will sit on the central team in London and will be responsible for delivering effective marketing content across 15+ markets worldwide.
This team member will be a results-oriented team player, with a passion for travel and learning. They will have a desire to collaborate with internal partners across the business, and ability to implement merchandising efficiently. They will need experience with direct marketing channels, have the ability to work across multiple markets and preferably have online travel experience.
- Manage content/merchandising of travel benefits and cardmember value across the international Amex Travel Online sites, in support of overall marketing strategy to drive increased online engagement via marketing placements.
- Monitor and analyse customer engagement across ATO international markets, using reporting tools to build and shape dashboard reports, using all the data available internally.
- Support team on measuring campaign performance and sharing analytics to optimise the delivery of regular reporting. Collect and package data to build marketing insight reports to be leveraged within the team.
- Deliver against the global strategy by driving awareness of American Express Travel benefits accurately via digital channels and elevating cardmember value throughout the online customer booking path.
- Manage digital marketing compliance related requirements ensuring onsite marketing and advertising material (merchandised offers and content) meet local market regulatory/legal compliance across international online markets.
- Collaborate with the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) team to deliver a seamless customer journey with clear, accurate and relevant content to engage and convert traffic.
- Seek out opportunities and present informed recommendations to improve site conversion based on data analysis.
- Operate with a Customer-first approach
- Previous experience in content marketing and developing content for digital platforms
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of the travel industry
- Experience in creating performance reports of multiple digital marketing channels and proficient in using Excel
- Strong communication skills and analytical mind, with attention to detail
- Positive and independent self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects, internal partners and cross-functional workflows
- Experience working with geographically & culturally diverse teams
- University degree preferably in marketing/business or a marketing qualification such as Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma. Equivalent work experience in a marketing related field considered.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org