vPayment (virtual payments) Customer Service Rep (German Speaker) - UK virtual option
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
The B2B team is a dynamic and fast-growing team that looks after multiple products over the whole of the European region. In this role you will assist in the end-to-end processing of our B2B clients and merchants' requests. You will work on requests from our internal & external clients. You will collaborate closely with our colleagues in other areas such as Global Client Services, Global Product Management & Global Merchant Services. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have an excellent Growth Mindset as well as having a flexible & adaptable approach to your own work. Being part of a multi-functional team, you will be working on different tasks and may need to re-prioritise your work according to our business & client’s needs.
Unleash your analytical skills to define the future of how we serve our customers.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Inbound & outbound call handling.
- Customer service & maintenance functionality.
- Email management.
- Risk & credit management.
- B2B knowledge would be an advantage.
- TSYS knowledge an advantage
- Knowledege of products vNG, vBTA & vPayment an advantage
- Globestar knowledge an advantage
- Opportunity to work with the team on projects
- German language preferred
- Excellent communication skills along with problem solving skills
- Highly organised with the ability to work within tight timeframes
- Strong communication skills as you will be collaborating closely with departments across the business, building your network
- European language preferred but not essential
- Self motivated with passion and drive to grow and build your career
- TSYS system knowledge is an advantage but not essential
- vPayment, vNG & vBTA experience is an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of systems such as Netservice, Savvis, vPOD & DAWEB is an advantage but not essential
This is a great opportunity to join a small and cohesive team in servicing companies utilising the vPayment tool. In addition, there is opportunity to learn and grow with potential to progress to analyst and B30
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org