Member Services Professional - Centurion Lounge
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together. #LI-Onsite
The role of the Member Service Professional (MSP) will be to deliver superior service to Card Members visiting the American Express Centurion Lounge, located in the London Heathrow Airport. MSPs will be the face of American Express to our customers, acting as ambassadors of the brand. Working as a cohesive team, they will have the ability to excite our customers and deliver on the brand promise. A successful MSP within the Centurion Lounge will have a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our best Card Members, in a customer facing environment. Our MSPs are highly skilled and motivated, providing travel, card, concierge and lifestyle services to American Express Card Members. Acting as a consultant, our MSPs will tailor our products and services to assist Card Members with their immediate needs and deepening their relationship with American Express.
It is our mission to become essential to our Card Members by providing differentiated products and services. It is our duty to make Membership come to life every day. How will you make an impact in this role?
- Welcoming and providing access to our Card Members upon arrival at reception
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their brand loyalty; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer
- Employing the Customer First philosophy in meeting customers’ needs and expectations
- Providing concierge and lifestyle recommendation
- Providing travel consultation and minimal reservation assistance
- Accommodating needs of our Card Members, by partnering with our food and beverage lounge partners
Lounge Hours of operation are from 05:30am – 10:00pm Monday-Sunday. Hours are subject to change due to business need.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.K. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Proven experience servicing premium customers
- Airline, lounge or travel industry experience desirable
- Reservation experience desirable
- Passion for servicing customers with proactive solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
- The ability to listen to the customer’s needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Must exhibit the utmost professionalism and maintain a positive attitude in all interactions
- The ability to rely and collaborate with your colleagues is essential, as the lounge is a very active, fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively, when unanticipated situations may arise, putting the Card Members’ experience at the forefront of everything you do
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively to research
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, additional hours when needed and holidays is essential
- Light to moderate lifting may be required for certain job tasks
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com