Black Talent in Business Insight Programme (Technology)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Why not use this opportunity to get a head start on your career by taking part in an Insight Programme during your first year of a three year degree, or second year of a four year degree.
This programme is designed to provide students unparalleled access into the working world of American Express, to better understand our organisation, how we operate and recognise the wide range of opportunities we have on offer, in particular for students from black heritage backgrounds who are interested in a career in technology.
With an eclectic mix of business presentations, workshops and interactive skill sessions, the BTIB Insight programme is fully equipped to give students a kick-start in their career. You’ll also meet some of our colleagues from black heritage backgrounds to hear about their own personal career journeys, as well as hear from some of our networks focused on Inclusion and Diversity.
Participation offers a fast-track entry to our assessment centre round for our 2024 technology internship opportunities (eligibility criteria will apply).
The BTIB Technology programme will take place on Thursday 13th April to Friday 14th April 2023 in person at our London Office in Victoria. Find your place at #TeamAmex.
As an attendee of the BTIB Technology Insight programme, you will have the opportunity to;
- Experience the work and culture at American Express
- Gain an insight into the technology organisation and hear from colleagues who have grown their career in this field
- Develop key skills which will help you excel through the recruitment process
- Network with various business representatives at all levels throughout our global organization, with a focus on leaders and colleagues from black heritage backgrounds
- Interact within a tailored programme, workshops, skill sessions, networking and social events
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
- Click on the link and select “Apply”
- Create a new username and password
- Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by February 28th 2023.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
Application deadline – 31st January 2023
Please ensure you have the correct right to work for the UK.
- Online application
- On-demand video interview
- Candidates should be pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited university expecting to graduate in 2025
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrate key skills such as team-work, leadership and problem-solving
- Studying towards any degree subject
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the payments industry
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
For more information, please visit our career website at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/careers/.Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.