Senior Manager - Digital Product Management
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
The Amex in a Box engineering group was formed to improve the company’s ability to launch and refresh products quickly across dozens of markets. We are evolving Amex's application and cloud architectures and composing them into a high-level platform that helps our engineering teams go faster.
We are hiring a Senior Manager – Digital Product Management to define and prioritize our product backlog based on customer and partner needs. You will find an optimal balance of work on features, scalability, and risk mitigation, and you will collaborate on the overall product vision, strategy, and roadmap with the program leadership team.
In this role you will share responsibility with the rest of the team for delivering on its product roadmap; and ensuring availability, performance, security, usability, agility, and developer experience.
As an individual contributor, you will not have direct reports. You will report to the Product Director.
- Some of the problems we will work on include:
- Ensuring our reference implementations are aligned to American Express software standards and practices
- Protecting and improving the platform’s developer experience
- Drive adoption of the platform across our global engineering landscape and ensure that platform users derive great value from it
- Reduce complexity through automation and simplification of engineering processes and experiences
As a senior product manager, you will:
- Translate the product roadmap into product iterations and team backlogs
- Quickly become an authority in the problem space by building links with subject matter experts and investing in your continuing education
- Partner with peers in our Developer Experience, Cloud Engineering, and Information Security organizations to drive the modernization and market adoption of platform capabilities, facilitating communication and building alignment
- Work closely with our engineers to deliver on the roadmap and rapidly iterate innovative solutions
- Ensure that analytics are in place to track the performance of our platform and the success of those using it
- Use data to analyze the return on our investments and optimize our future roadmap Identify risks, dependencies, challenges, opportunities, and business integration needs that impact delivery against the roadmap
- Perform demos, write launch announcements, and present to colleagues and leaders to demonstrate the value our team is delivering
You may be a fit if:
- You have worked professionally as a product manager for software products (with bonus points if you’ve led a software platform or other developer-focused product)
- Can demonstrate both technical acumen and business insight
- Problem solving, organizational, and analytical abilities
- Quick learner and are driven to learn new things
- Can decompose abstract customer desires into relevant and detailed business features
- Articulate the business value of technology work and distinguish between technical and business requirements
- Optimize for customer experience and success using your products over what’s convenient for your team or partners
- Enthusiastic and passionate about “making it great”
- A track record of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels within your company
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com