International Credit & Collections - Credit Specialist Start Date: 6th March
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard for customer-first service.
American Express is a global service company, providing our Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Our Consumer Credit department is fundamental in that process, encompassing a variety of different teams who strive to ensure that these ideals are constantly upheld.
To ensure success, you will undergo extensive 6 week training and be provided with a wide range of tools. This will empower you to make informed decisions in almost all situations! You will have continuous coaching on a monthly basis once training has been completed, to enable you to reach your fullest potential.
Our Specialists have skills that include, but are not limited to; recovering overdue balances, enabling further spend, minimising risk, making informed decisions based on challenging customer specific situations; and assisting vulnerable customers who find themselves in unexpected financial hardship, all whilst delivering world class customer service and growing brand loyalty.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the other side of the phone or screen, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
For this role, prior experience in call centres or credit environments is useful but not required! More importantly you will be part of a team that delivers outstanding outcomes for our Card Members and great results for the business.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Confident taking initiative and making judgement calls;
- Highly empathetic with an accomplished telephone manner;
- Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes;
- A team player, working in a highly supportive and collaborative environment
- Be confident and able to work in a high-pressure environment talking to potentially vulnerable customers;
- Have the emotional resilience and the ability to discuss complex topics over the phone or chat;
- Ensure strict ID verification and compliance with data protection to safeguard accounts;
- Uphold the American Express brand image and customer loyalty through outstanding customer service;
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value;
- Engage with our internal and external partner teams to ensure the right support is provided.
- Computer Literate with strong written communication;
- Well-presented and professional;
- Passionate about American Express and customer service.
- Be flexible and adaptable
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com