Senior Manager - Digital Product Management
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
The Global Loyalty & Benefits product vision is to enable customers to get more out of life by choosing Amex. Our team enables much of the product value used by our Cardmembers every day, such as earning rewards every time you use your card, redeeming points (or miles and cashback), accessing lounges and fast track services while travelling & receiving the benefits from elite hotel guest status.
We are hiring for a Senior Manager - Digital Product Management to lead with confidence and grit to improve the experience of our customers. You will play a key role in shaping a product strategy and prioritizing the product features to build. You will also lead product delivery, from crafting the roadmap through to the launch of features and ongoing iteration once live. We’re hiring creative problem-solvers to help us raise the bar in payments and financial services. We believe in inclusion & diversity and the power of relationship and collaboration to deliver the best experiences for our global customers.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Collaborate with marketing, design, engineering, and other product colleagues to create an outcome-oriented product strategy
- Build strong relationships with various market teams and P&L (Profit & Loss) owners to understand their needs and challenges
- Develop a robust understanding of the loyalty and benefit domain as well as the competitive landscape
- Embrace data and insights to build compelling stories and persuade/influence other teams and your leadership to gain buy in to the strategy & roadmap
- Move products from new ideas to proof of concept and on to full featured scalable technology enabled solutions
- Manage a roadmap/backlog that brings others with you – evangalising the targeted outcomes and ideas to deliver upon those outcomes
- Coaching and developing the skills of more junior product managers and owners
- Experience in software product management throughout the product lifecycle; from discovery to optimization, product delivery and maintaining product health
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Excellent collaborator and experienced working in teams and influencing others without authority, leveraging insights and data to earn the trust and confidence across a wide range of partners throughout the organization
- Great storyteller, able to confidently communicate a product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Enjoy tackling a problem and apply creative solutions
- Understand how technology can improve people's lives and want to be a part of making people’s lives better with great products
- Strong experimental and curious mindset and able to fall in love with a problem without attaching yourself to the solution
- Experience in driving solutions to engage and retain customers
- Knowledge of Loyalty Programs and associated products is desirable
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org