Senior Manager - Product Development
Location: Brighton and Hove
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together. #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
Create digital experiences that enhance our customers’ lives at every touchpoint.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences–from payments to rewards to servicing–that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry. Find your place in digital product on #TeamAmex.
The New Product Development Team is a key team within the International Card Services Centre of Excellence, which recently brought together American Express consumer and commercial international issuing businesses to operate within a single business unit, led by the President of International Card Services. The New Product Development (NPD) team is responsible for the development and delivery of a suite of solutions for all segments across the globe from Consumers to Small Business to Global Enterprises. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can translate customer needs into best-in-class solutions and executable plans and drive delivery, across multiple teams, to bring these products to market.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Create, own, drive and track E2E Project Plan and associated Governance including decision and update forums.
- Drive required internal communication and governance
- Run the core team with key internal stakeholders with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Determine and translates conceptual business requirements into robust product features incorporating all edge cases and acceptance criteria.
- Partner with Country and Central Product Management teams to define MVP features and curate backlog items.
- Partner with Product and Engineering Teams to assess technical feasibility and partner to define the solution design
- Provide detailed explanations of required CX associated with features to the platform CoE teams to inform technical solutions.
- Partner with internal cross-functional stakeholders (Marketing, Global Services Group, Risk, Fraud, Credit, Compliance, GCO/Legal, Technologies etc.) to ensure milestones are met.
- Own, manage and drive to resolution issues and risks or raise to governance forums for the removal of obstacles.
- Understand the detailed tasks required for project execution, to provide leadership and support for the relevant core team members.
- Identify any gaps in proposed execution approach, recommend alternatives, highlight, and align with key stakeholders.
- Drive execution and implementation of the new capabilities ensuring they meet market needs, desired customer experience and adhere to local regulatory, compliance and risk requirements.
- Drive integration and beta testing and ensure all go to market materials and training is in place for relevant internal teams.
- Strong Analytical Skills – ability to collect and analise information for problem solving and definition of potential solutions.
- Excellent Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, work well with and influence different levels of the organisation and with customers and partners.
- Proven track record of delivery in a matrix environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders and driving robust project governance and stakeholder management.
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity, comfortable speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrix environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo to drive alternate solutions and testing new ideas to meet customer needs.
- Learns from mistakes and setbacks demonstrating resilience.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter working with a sense of urgency and be flexible with working hours to accommodate multiple time zones.
- Experience of delivering via the SAFE Agile methodology. SAFE certification and Agile Product Owner certifications preferred
- Experienced manager with knowledge of American Express products and business operations will be a plus
- Technical understanding of Card Payment platforms and their integrations with an understanding of how APIs work.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com